You can see it, you can feel it, the V Encuentro is here!
What a joy it is to see the enthusiasm grow for our V National Encuentro of Hispanic/Latino Ministry. More than three thousand missionary disciples have confirmed their participation in our V National Encuentro to be held from September 20th to 23rd, in Grapevine, Texas. Among the participants we have 130 bishops and more than 2,500 delegates representing 165 dioceses in the United States. We will also have more than 200 representatives of universities, organizations and other Catholic institutions, as well as representatives of the Holy See, the Latin American Episcopal Council (CELAM) and the Catholic Bishops’ conferences of Mexico and Canada.
We see the V National Encuentro as a moment of grace, as a mountain top experience, a point of arrival after a 20-month journey. We also see it as a point of departure to strengthen ministry among Hispanic/Latinos, so that they can better respond as missionary disciples, as leaders at the service of the entire church and society.
- Celebrating beautiful and vibrant bilingual liturgies which will frame the entire event
- Engaging in profound and insightful dialogue with leaders from all over the country, representing various ministerial areas and expertise
- Listening to the hopes and dreams of people living on the peripheries of society and how the church can best reach out to them, welcome them and embrace them
- Learning about best practices for missionary discipleship and the future of Hispanic Ministry, with emphasis on ministry with young people and families
- Discussing recommendations that have emerged from the consultation process, designed to help Hispanic Ministry and the future of the Catholic Church in the United States move forward
- Giving witness and taking part in inspiring presentations and joyful expressions of faith and life
- Encountering one another in dialogue, prayer and praise with over 600 young adult delegates representing more than 90% of our dioceses
- Participating in general and breakout sessions conducted in English or Spanish with simultaneous translation
National Coordinator for the V National Encuentro